Knee pain (knee clicking and arthritis?)?

When I was a baby about 18 months old I had an operation on my right knee to remove a cyst. I am now 22 and although I have always had problems with the scar pain when it has been cold (scar goes right across the knee) only recently have I started experiencing a new pain in my knee. It often locks, gives way and if I don't click it it really aches. When I move my knee and I put my hand on it I can feel it grinding. If I stand or keep my knee bent for to long it then starts to ache. Just wondering what it could possibly be. At the age of 22 I am hoping nothing to bad but the surgeon did say I would more than likely develop arthritis in my knee. Does any of this sound like arthritis or something different?

2 réponses

Pertinence
  • il y a 9 ans
    Meilleure réponse

A sense of grinding or crunching is most often associated with bone grinding against bone once the cartilage is worn away. This is commonly found in arthritis. Patients who are young (under 50 years old) seldom have arthritis that will cause these severe symptoms, unless there has been a severe injury to the knee in the past.

Locking can either be due to something actually blocking motion of the knee, or by pain preventing normal knee motion.

One way to determine if there is something physically blockingwhen a piece of cartilage wedges within the joint) or when pain prevents the patient from moving the knee. These two causes must be differentiated, as something physically caught in the joint should be evaluated in a timely manner. Often injecting the knee with numbing medication can help determine the cause of locking.

The stability of the knee is provided by the ligaments that connect the shin bone (tibia) to the thigh bone (femur). When the ligaments are stretched or torn, the knee may feel as though it is giving way beneath the patient. A sensation that the knee may give out from beneath you is a common symptom of ligament injury.

http://orthopedics.about.com/od/hipknee/a/kneesymp...

• il y a 4 ans

Imagine for a moment your arthritis completely vanishing right now.

If, in a moment, your pain and stiffness melted away. And your joints all of a sudden functioned like a well-oiled machine.

Like a magic wand was waived, you'd be able to jump up from your chair and run around the room like a kid.

And imagine that you'd never have to suffer as much as a pinch of arthritis stiffness or pain ever again.

I know this sounds impossible right now, but bear with me, because sometimes miracles happen.

It was a gift from a woman on the other side of the world. From the kindness of her heart, she took pity on my suffering and taught me how to completely reverse my arthritis.

Today, I want to do the same for you!

Vous avez d’autres questions ? Pour obtenir des réponses, posez vos questions dès maintenant.