Kayla
Lv 4
Kayla a posé la question dans HealthDiseases & ConditionsCancer · il y a 10 ans

Why honor breast cancer survivors..............?

Why honor breast cancer survivors instead of ALL deadly cancer survivors? Don't get me wrong, I think we should honor breast cancer survivors, but I think we should also honor the others. They aren't the only ones that have to fight a scary battle.

10 réponses

Pertinence
  • il y a 10 ans

I've seen others honoured here. We have different ribbons and all of that for all different kinds. Even a run in your underwear for cancers 'bellow the belt' ha ha.

Breast cancer is the most prevalent cancer in women though. And it affects many. Not only that; if women detect it early they can treat it easier. If not it can be very aggressive and spread other places very quickly. Not to mention most women who have had breast cancer will actually have their cancer return in a different part of their body. By raising so much awareness people are encouraging women to do self breast exams and mammograms instead of shying away from these things because they are 'embarrassing.'

The emotional side of breast cancer can also be quite extreme. I mean part of what defines a woman as a woman is her breasts. It's part of who we are honestly. Part of what makes us feminine. It's hard to imagine going through losing them ;)

My mom is a breast cancer survivor so I'm going to honour her above all because well...she's my mom! But it is true all cancer survivors should be honoured...it's a hard diagnosis and a hard treatment. Here I see them all honoured which is great! =D

• Commenter avatarConnectez-vous pour commenter des réponses
  • Anonyme
    il y a 10 ans

Who only honor breast cancer survivors?

• il y a 10 ans

mostly because breast cancer is very prevalent meaning lots and lots of it is around and more people get that then any of the others. Even though everybody has caner inside them it depends on what triggers it to actually release itself and breast cancer releases it self more easily than others im not actually sure what causes breast cancer to come but i know that smoking causes lung cancer and what not

Source(s) : book smarts
  • il y a 10 ans

Because as Breast Cancer Surivors, WE Are Pro-Active about our Health. We HONOR Ourselves and those we have LOST To breast Cancer. Those we HOPE to Surive, and those going through it now! ALL Cancer is "Honored" it just that we make it known that we are searching for a cure!

• Que pensez-vous des réponses ? Vous pouvez vous connecter afin de voter pour la réponse.
  • Anonyme
    il y a 10 ans

I completely agree with you! I thought I was the only one :) Yes, breast cancer is deadly, but there are other cancers out there to that need a cure.

• Cathy
    Lv 6
    il y a 10 ans

I really didn't give a rats a** with all the pink ribbon and breast cancer awareness hype...

But it sure helped me feel motivated to go right to the doctor's when I found the lump.

Good luck.

Source(s) : Breast cancer survivor.
  • il y a 4 ans

It's an achievement by them beating cancer which allows them to live longer and spend more time with their family's; Be able to watch their kids graduate, see them get married & meet their grandchildren.

• il y a 10 ans

I think the same exact way. And breast cancer if it is caught and hasn't metastasized it is very treatable.

• Snarky
    Lv 7
    il y a 10 ans

Because breasts are awesome. Who wants to wear a bracelet or t-shirt with "Colon Awareness" on it?

• Anonyme
    il y a 10 ans

I totally agree with you :)

Vous avez d’autres questions ? Pour obtenir des réponses, posez vos questions dès maintenant.