Why do they refer to breast cancer survivors as "heros"?

I understand it is a very difficult thing to under go and I in no way am I trying to put down those that have endured it. But why do they (they meaning commercials and ads and what not) refer to breast cancer survivors as "heros" They didn't jump on a hand grenade or save a burning bus full of... afficher plus I understand it is a very difficult thing to under go and I in no way am I trying to put down those that have endured it. But why do they (they meaning commercials and ads and what not) refer to breast cancer survivors as "heros"

They didn't jump on a hand grenade or save a burning bus full of kids... they simply took medicine and didn't die. If they are heros for simply not succumbing to an illness... does that mean that I am a hero because I didn't die when I underwent a sub-occipital craniotomy to sever my right balance nerve in 2008?

I think the term hero is too loosely used these days.... those that risk life and limb are heros... not football stars or rappers or cancer survivors.

I think there is a difference between a role model and a hero.

yes I am sure they are an inspiration and bring hope to a lot of people, but they are not a hero
Mettre à jour: already had my shot partner... had brain surgery in 2008 so I guess I'm more of a hero than a woman that loses a breast right?
Mise à jour 2: I really don't understand how simply taking meds and not dying... means "you had courage"
Mise à jour 3: There are plenty of disease considerably worse than Breast Cancer.... Take ALS for example... Why aren't they applauded as heros for surviving
12 réponses 12