For those moms who refuse to let their child go to daycare, can I ask why?

I'm in no way judging you, every one has a different parenting style, no one way is right or wrong. I have a friend who refuses to send her 3 year old and 18 month old to daycare. She just says she doesn't want anyone else raising her children. I get that. However, she has to work nights so she can be... afficher plus I'm in no way judging you, every one has a different parenting style, no one way is right or wrong. I have a friend who refuses to send her 3 year old and 18 month old to daycare. She just says she doesn't want anyone else raising her children. I get that. However, she has to work nights so she can be home with them during the day.... but has a baby sitter come to the house from 8-1 every day while she is sleeping. Then she gets up and feeds the children, then puts them down for their 2 1/2-3 hour nap. Then wakes up in time to get them ready for dinner. Some days she has dinner made, most days she doesn't. She sends them to a mother's day out program 2 days a week from 8-2 so she can sleep and do some house work. Her house is some what dirty and she's always complaining about how dirty it is and how she never gets to clean it or do laundry. Whenever you call her during the day she's always stressed out about the kids behavior and how much housework she hasn't been able to do. She gets irritated and frustrated with her kids often and sends the older one to her room a lot.... She complains about what little time she gets with her husband and their marriage has suffered a bit from this work schedule. This is all from her telling me this, I'm not making it up or exaggerating, just telling her story.

My question is, at what point do you draw the line and send the kids to daycare? If your home life is suffering, if you don't get to spend time with your kids even when you are home, if your marriage is suffering..... all so your kids don't have to go to daycare (even though mother's day out is considered daycare).... Why would you put your family through this? It doesn't seem like anyone is benefiting from this, least of all the stressed out mom.

So, why don't you want your children to go to daycare? What is so wrong with daycare? What are your thoughts?

PS: I've tried talking to my friend and suggesting she look into daycare so she can work during the day and have her evenings free and nights to sleep and quality time with her family, but she says things are fine.
Mettre à jour: Money is NOT an issue with them, they make twice what my husband makes and I stay at home and we do just fine. Like I said, I'm not judging her, I was just sharing her story as she tells it to me. I was just curious what others thought. She would only be paying a little bit more to have them in daycare... afficher plus Money is NOT an issue with them, they make twice what my husband makes and I stay at home and we do just fine. Like I said, I'm not judging her, I was just sharing her story as she tells it to me. I was just curious what others thought. She would only be paying a little bit more to have them in daycare considering what she pays the babysitter and fees for mother's day out.
23 réponses 23