Lv 6
mliz55 a posé la question dans Home & GardenMaintenance & Repairs · il y a 1 décennie

Where do you put the plumbers putty when you are replacing a faucet?

My new faucet has a black plastic plate. Do you put the putty between the plate and the sink, or between the plate and the faucet?

4 réponses

  • il y a 1 décennie
    Réponse favorite

    Neither. You don't use plumber's putty when installing a faucet, only a drain. That "plate" IS the seal. You have everything you need already.

  • il y a 1 décennie

    Plumbers putty is normally used to seal around the drain, if your faucet has a plastic plate at its base that is sufficient to make a tight seal without any further sealant.

  • il y a 6 ans

    Yes you do, put it under faucet mounting plate- to keep water, that is splashed up on to back lip of sink, from standing around and eventually seeping under faucet mount plate- you only need a little water sitting around to cause a problem.

  • il y a 1 décennie

    on your bum, so you dont get plumber's crack! but yeah, i dont know, i would say both.

Vous avez d’autres questions ? Pour obtenir des réponses, posez vos questions dès maintenant.