Rainy Owl a posé la question dans Politics & GovernmentMilitary · il y a 1 décennie

How do I open an Armed Forces Bank Account?

My husband asked his recruiter, but he wasn't very clear and said we apply at the website? I went to the site but I didn't see where we were supposed to apply. My husband has sworn into the Army and goes to BT in October, so we need to get this set up pretty soon.

Also, does bad credit affect opening one? We have some bank debt (we separated for 8 months, so our old bank account went to collections, we still need to pay it off and plan to as soon as we're in a better financial situation).

I plan on asking his recruiter for more info, but unfortunately he got a NEW recruiter, as his other had things to do and is no longer around, so I don't know the new one just yet.

Any answers and information would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance.

13 réponses

Pertinence
  • il y a 1 décennie
    Réponse favorite

Forget the recruiter, go to the Armed Forces Bank web site:

http://www.afbank.com/recruits/

Follow the instructions and you should be GTG (Good To Go).

As to the bad debt, that would be a question for the Armed Forces Bank. The bank is not a part of the Military, it is just a bank that affiliates itself with the military. The military does not provide banking services. I just use my local credit union, and bank, myself. Both provide access to my money anywhere in the world, and Direct Deposit works just fine with any bank or credit union. as long as the military has the correct routing number and account number, you can use whatever bank you wish. It doesn't have to be the Armed Forces Bank.

Source(s) : http://www.afbank.com/recruits/ SSG, US Army, 20+ years
  • clyne
    Lv 4
    il y a 4 ans

Armed Forces Bank Routing Number

• il y a 1 décennie

An Armed Forces Account is really no different than a regular bank account. The only difference is they are found on most bases as where if you had say a Wells Fargo account and went somewhere there is no wells fargo you will have to pay ATM fees and do all you real banking online. To be perfectly honest i would try getting a bank account through America First or ask around in your area at banks and find out if they are military supported banks. I know America First is on alot of bases as military supporting banks. Other than that its really up to you on where you get a bank account. You dont really need a Armed Forces bank or bank account so long as you have an account with a bank period. I myself bank through Wells Fargo and have had no issues with them and ive been in the military for 6 years now. If your dead set on getting an account from a Armed Forces bank try getting the recruiter or even another military member to take you on a base to get one set up if they will let you. Some Armed Forces banks wont let you open one until you are "in" the military and have the military ID to prove it.

Source(s) : SSgt of the USAF.
  • Anonyme
    il y a 1 décennie

I think you need to actually go into one of the branches to open one, for now just use whatever checking account you have and then open an Armed forces one later, what about USAA for a bank, they're excellent. Also it depends if you guys have already been put into chexsystems whether or not you can open up an account, some banks are really strict about this. Good luck!

• Que pensez-vous des réponses ? Vous pouvez vous connecter afin de voter pour la réponse.
  • il y a 1 décennie

I believe there are different banks at different bases. When I went to Navy boot camp there was a credit union that we all were sent to during training to open an account. Immediately after boot camp, I opened an account with Navy Federal and then with USAA when they opened up to enlisted. I love and use USAA and recommend them. USAA only serves the military and their immediate family. I still have an account with Navy Federal and have no complaints.

Source(s) : www.usaa.com
  • il y a 1 décennie

The DI's will give him the option on who to set one up during BT. He'll have to add you to the account during that time. I strongly suggest you get a "power of attorney" prior to his departure so you can take care of incidentals while he is away.

• Anonyme
    il y a 1 décennie

Account Application page for AFB.

• wanita
    Lv 4
    il y a 4 ans

Afbank

• il y a 1 décennie

Hi in UK forces there is no such thing as an Armed Forces Bank Account .

• il y a 4 ans

Sounds really interested

Vous avez d’autres questions ? Pour obtenir des réponses, posez vos questions dès maintenant.