esort123 a posé la question dans HealthDiseases & ConditionsCancer · il y a 1 décennie

How long until you are considered a breast cancer survivor.?

I just wondered how long it takes to become considered as an official breast cancer survivor, is it as soon it is removed or is it 5 years without it coming back? Please help.

10 réponses

Pertinence
  • Lily L
    Lv 6
    il y a 1 décennie
    Réponse favorite

I had cervical cancer, and I started telling people I was a cancer survivor the day after I had surgery to remove it. (Even before I had the pathology results telling me that they got it all!)

• Commenter avatarConnectez-vous pour commenter des réponses
  • il y a 1 décennie

When I had my bi-lateral mastectomy, I became a survivor. It's gone. I don't have any breast but I don't care either because I chose life over breast any day. Besides, I'm 63, I don't need them anymore lol. Really, once the cancer is removed, you are a survivor. They used to say if the cancer doesn't come back in 5 yrs, then you can consider yourself a survivor. To that I say Bull, I had to go through breast removal and I don't have to wait 5 yrs to know that the cancer is gone. So, if you had breast cancer and the tumor is gone or any other surgery was done, you are a survivor. Join the millions of us who are proud to say, "I am a survivor" Be blessed

Source(s) : RN Breast cancer survivor
  • il y a 1 décennie

The second the cancer is GONE from your body! I am a survivor of 12 years. It has changed my life. So live like you've never lived before, take each day with gusto, you have been given a second chance at life...take it and use it well. You ARE a survivor!!!!!. Don't look back and have any regrets. Take good care of yourself, you deserve it.

Source(s) : been there
  • il y a 1 décennie

Usually , for official statistical records, it is 5 years.

For the patient , if we look to the cause, be it diet, trauma, stress etc., and make some changes to build up a healthy immune system, there should be no recurrence.

It is now 10 years since my diagnosis, and I have been in good health ever since by getting back to basics, renewed .

The day I was told I was "in remission " was the day I turned my life around, vowing never to put up with that negative way of thinking, never to look on recovery as a battle, and to put that all behind me and look only for health.

To think healthy thoughts, to eat healthy food, to do healthy things, and be with healthy people.

That's the secret.

All the best for you, Nvrgvup.

• Que pensez-vous des réponses ? Vous pouvez vous connecter afin de voter pour la réponse.
  • il y a 1 décennie

Even though I have metastatic breast cancer, I feel that every day that I am alive, I am a survivor. After 7 years your chance of recurrence is less. Hang in there.

• april
    Lv 7
    il y a 1 décennie

I hate when people ask me that question as it pertains to brain cancer. If you're not dead, you're a survivor. I didn't fight or win any battles and wasn't brought back to life to make me a surivor. The cancer, surgery, radiation and chemo hasn't killed me.

• Anonyme
    il y a 1 décennie

Doctors count survival from the day of diagnosis.

• il y a 1 décennie

you ARE a survivor

Source(s) : and we love you
  • CDC
    Lv 6
    il y a 1 décennie

Usually 5 years. Good luck.

Source(s) : NJ RN
  • hadi
    Lv 5
    il y a 1 décennie

@survivor until............

Vous avez d’autres questions ? Pour obtenir des réponses, posez vos questions dès maintenant.