Melissa a posé la question dans HealthGeneral Health CarePain & Pain Management · il y a 1 décennie

What are the best pain killers to use for knee pain, or any pain?

I don't have access to vicodin or oxycodone.

I need these because I stand up for 8 straight hours everyday at my job, and my knee is really starting to hurt.

If you have another suggestion besides a pain killer, I'm not interested because I've tried everything else!

Tell me even if it's some sort of aspirin/ibuprofen cocktail. Whatever works.

How much should I take? I don't wanna get high or anything, eww

A regular dose of advil, ibuprofen, tylenol, or anything else "simple" like this doesn't seem to help.

I don't have time to go to my doctor and get a prescription. Any "quick" suggestions?

Thanks!

11 réponses

Pertinence
  • il y a 1 décennie
    Meilleure réponse

Not what you are looking for, but at night put a pillow under your knee which elevates it. Think about what sports people do. Put heat on it, or cream to increase blood flow. Also, pain is your body's way of telling you to change something...it hurts. Luck to you!

• Anonyme
    il y a 1 décennie

I noticed that you said knee and not knees. Most likely you have a hip imbalance which is causing you to place more stress on one knee than the other. You should see a Chiropractor, Osteopath, a very good Physical Therapist or Massage therapist.The last two options should be practitioners of Manual Therapy techniques. In other words not a PT that only does strength training or massage therapists that do Swedish Massage and Hot stone.

You could also have a ligament tear in the knee or condromalicia. The best thing you could do is see a Chiropractor or Osteopath that does Manual therapy. Meanwhile doses of MSM in excess of 4 grams every 6-8 hours may relieve some of the symptoms but do see someone soon. Also check your foot where it may be time to change your shoes. Excessive wear ofter causes knee pain. My favorite pain killer for joint pain is Alieve.

• Anonyme
    il y a 4 ans

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

What are the best pain killers to use for knee pain, or any pain?

I don't have access to vicodin or oxycodone.

I need these because I stand up for 8 straight hours everyday at my job, and my knee is really starting to hurt.

If you have another suggestion besides a pain killer, I'm not interested because I've tried everything else!

Tell me even if it's...

Source(s) : pain killers knee pain pain: https://tr.im/0nRYy
  • il y a 1 décennie

I know I'm gonna get frowned at for this but drugs aren't always the solution to fix pain...

Are you exercising regularly? The only real solution to your problem is to get that knee in shape to handle that sort of use. If you will take a 30 minute jog (or even a walk) every other day (even twice a week) I believe you will notice that the pain at work will begin to ease. Those muscles are hurting because they aren't being used other than when you are standing at work, so stop worrying about short-term solutions and go do what it takes to really stop that pain!

Also, try stretching your leg muscles every day before work and during when they are sore. A lot of times muscles hurt because they aren't being allowed to displace the weight of our bodies standing still for so long. Move and stretch those muscles, do a few toe-touches and knee-bends... It'll lessen the tension in your muscles and prep them for more inertia.

Source(s) : Common Sense. (sorry)
  • Que pensez-vous des réponses ? Vous pouvez vous connecter afin de voter pour la réponse.
  • il y a 1 décennie

You can up to 4 Alleve twice a day but it will really tear up your stomach. You can also combine Tylenol w/ the Alleve.

After work you might consider icing your knee for a couple of hours (30 min of ice, 30 min of no ice, 30 min of ice and so on...) - it will help quite a bit.

Also - I know that you aren't really looking for "other" kinds of help - but any kind of exercised (stair stepping and lunges are examples) that target your quads will help to take some pressure off of you knee and that should help with pain as well.

Lastly, good posture can help take pressure off of the knee - your hips can take more "abuse" than your knees so try to find your best posture & balance when working.

Good Luck - knee pain sucks!

• Anonyme
    il y a 1 décennie

When my knee starts to hurt or ake i always take either a bath or put hot towles on where it aks it takes the pain right away.

Source(s) : My knees ake all the time
  • Anonyme
    il y a 5 ans

If you want to cure plantar fasciitis completely in one month check out this site: http://treatmyplantarfasciitis.uk.to- I did it, it works! Pain was gone in only a few days. Good luck!

• Anonyme
    il y a 5 ans

This ebook might help you to understand what's wrong in your relationship and It also teaches what to do to try saving your marriage http://savemarriage.toptips.org

It helped me alot!

• il y a 1 décennie

WHEN IM IN PAIN I USUALLY USE IBUPROFEN BUT IT WITH PRESCRIPTION!!!

Vous avez d’autres questions ? Pour obtenir des réponses, posez vos questions dès maintenant.