S155
Lv 4
S155 a posé la question dans HealthDiseases & ConditionsCancer · il y a 1 décennie

Are you a Breast Cancer Survivor?

I was diagnosed last year with Breast Cacner....Stage 2B w/node involvement , ER+ PR+ and Her/2neu+. It would be encouraging to see others out there who are survivors.

Mise à jour:

my tumor was 2.5 cm, 3 of 16 nodes were positive. I had mastectomy, chemotherapy, radiation, herceptin treatments, hysterectomy & oopherectomy and am now on Femara.

10 réponses

Pertinence
  • il y a 1 décennie
    Réponse favorite

Yes I am. Twice actually.

First time with Stage 2 - 2.1 cm lump, ER/PR+, Her2 +, right side, lumpectomy, radiation, no chemo. In 2004.

Second time with Stage 1 - 1.0 cm lump, also ER/PR/Her2 +, also right side. Had a mastectomy and reconstruction. No radiation or chemo. 2007/2008

No node involvement either time.

I am 34.

• Commenter avatarConnectez-vous pour commenter des réponses
  • lo_mcg
    Lv 7
    il y a 1 décennie

I was diagnosed with breast cancer four and a half years ago - grade 3, stage 3, 13 lymph nodes involved.

I had a mastectomy, chemo and rads and I take Arimidex.

I'm fit and well, no sign of cancer and I'm looking forward to December when I will be 5 years since diagnosis - not because I'll be 'cured', but because statistically the chances of recurrence are much lower after 5 years.

I dislike the term 'survivor' though. I prefer to say 'I have had breast cancer' or 'I'm living with breast cancer'.

Survivor suggests a disaster like an earthquake that was horrendous but is now over; breast cancer can recur at any time, even years later, and we all live with that knowledge.

I think the pink fluffiness that surrounds breast cancer awareness and fundraising has deceived the public into thinking breast cancer is a less serious, easily cured cancer. And I think the term survivor contributes to that.

I wish us all long and happy lives.

• Anonyme
    il y a 1 décennie

I've had BC 3 times, not recurrences but independent events, and survived so far. Chemo, radiation, herceptin, double mastectomy. There isn't much more that can be done to me, at least in the breast department.

There are a lot of survivors.

• il y a 6 ans

I was nearing my 25 year anniversary. I had cancer in the left breast I had a mastectomy and chemo in 1987. Then again in 2012 it was found in my right breast I had a mastectomy and no chemo. My mother had breast cancer two years before me. My middle daughter also had a mastectomy and chemo. I was tested for the gene and was found to be positive and my daughter also.

• Que pensez-vous des réponses ? Vous pouvez vous connecter afin de voter pour la réponse.
  • il y a 1 décennie

My mom is a breast cancer survivor. She was about 43 when she was diagnosed. She went through chemo, radiation and all the meds that made her feel worse than the cancer did. Now she runs breast cancer support races and marathons. Shes my hero. Good luck and take care.

• il y a 1 décennie

My sister had breast cancer about 10 years ago at age 42. She had a masectomy and removal of some lymph nodes which it had spread to. She also had chemo & radiation.

So far so good, no more problems

• il y a 4 ans

generally because of the fact breast maximum cancers is very ordinary meaning a lot and a lot of it incredibly is around and greater human beings get that then any of the others. even although all of us has caner interior them it relies upon on what triggers it to truly launch itself and breast maximum cancers releases it self greater incredibly than others im no longer incredibly effective what motives breast maximum cancers to come back yet i know that smoking motives lung maximum cancers and what no longer

• il y a 1 décennie

I just had my 5 year check up. Mind was 4.7 cm. Just went on Femara. I was 35.

• Anonyme
    il y a 1 décennie

My aunt is a survivor....and my grandma is currently undergoing treatment for bc as well.

• no I am not sorry good luck God be with you.

Vous avez d’autres questions ? Pour obtenir des réponses, posez vos questions dès maintenant.