Kristen a posé la question dans Beauty & StyleHair · il y a 1 décennie

Getting hair thinned out?

Okay so this is a pretty good shot at my hair.

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w291/kr1st3n_33...

and this is the hair I wanna get.

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w291/kr1st3n_33...

My hair is pretty thick and it's naturally curly/wavy so I straighten it everyday.

I wanna get my hair thinned out so I can tame my hair more easily and so that it takes less time to straighten it in the morning, since I'll have less hair.

But my mom doesn't want me to get it thinned out and she says I'll be bald or it'll look stupid and I'll hate it.

So, I dunno what to do.

Anyone ever get their hair thinned out before?...

9 réponses

Pertinence
  • il y a 1 décennie
    Meilleure réponse

My hair is thick and curly and I get it thinned, layered, and textured every time I get it cut so that I can do the straighter looks and not be "poofy."

You need to make sure you go to a good stylist, though. It's worth the money to make sure its done right.

• il y a 1 décennie

The haircut would be cute. I have had my hair thinned out. It works great. Later when the hair starts growing out the little hairs stick out a little bit, but if you blow cool air from a blow dryer on the little hairs they should go down. If that doesn't help,you should buy some de-frizzing hair products. I think you'll be happy with the haircut. Your mom might have had a bad expierience with hair thinning,but the results really depend on what kind of hair you have. When you get your haircut print out the picture and tell the hair stylist you want it exactly like it. You might also invest in going to a hair salon because the haircut you want is a little complicated and does take some time to do because of the layers. Have fun! Flaunt what you got! ;)

• il y a 1 décennie

Hello, I am a veteran hair stylist and what I will tell you is this your mother is absolutely wrong, sorry mom, and you must be careful about thinning your hair, I think from the pix of yourself your hair is or appears to be thick just pick a hair stylist that is "good" at cutting hair and thinning and ask to see pix of their work if this stylist is new to you, as long as you have a good hair stylist who knows what he/she is doing then you will be fine I think the wanna be hair style you have chose for yourself is great and would look great on you your petite and you could definitely carry the style, never allow the style to carry you. Good luck on choosing your hair stylist. "there is no real reason to fear thinning your hair just chose a stylist who can give you the look you want. Good Luck.

• il y a 1 décennie

My daughter is in the same situation. She has very thick curly hair. I asked my stylist for suggestions. She said to get it thinned. She said we should thin the hair that is underneath because when the hair grows back it won't look any different.

• Que pensez-vous des réponses ? Vous pouvez vous connecter afin de voter pour la réponse.
  • il y a 1 décennie

Hey Same As Me! Except My Mom Doesn't Say That.... Lol, But Anyways... I Think Your Hair Would Look So Cute Like That=) =]

• Anonyme
    il y a 1 décennie

Ive got hair like yours,but thined. You cant see a difference you can just feel a difference. It is easyer to style,less tangly and quicker to blow dry. To get it thinned just ask for tons of layers that are choppy and all different legth. Then ask for them to thin it out as well

• il y a 1 décennie

you should get lots of layers cut into your hair, after thats done see how it looks. Is it to bulky? then get it thinned have her your stylist do a little at a time until its the look you want.

• Kandi
    Lv 4
    il y a 1 décennie

an old co worker of mine told me there is a way that they cut her hair to make it thinner...find a good salon.

• il y a 1 décennie

that hair style is heavily layered and textured. you could do it, just be warned it's an edgy style. can you see yourself wearing it everyday

Vous avez d’autres questions ? Pour obtenir des réponses, posez vos questions dès maintenant.