Do Christian Parents allow their children to read Atheist literature?

wouldn't this encourage a more open perspective? It would at least, either strengthen their faith, or give them an opportunity to make an unbiased decision?

Mise à jour:

Shannon: you are the epitome of religious indoctrination;

"my parents don't mind because they taught me about my religion from when i was small, so they have nothing to fear" .......Do you realise what you have just said?

17 réponses

Pertinence
  • il y a 1 décennie
    Meilleure réponse

I would class myself as christian, my hubby is an athiest, My children will choose what they want to believe in themselves. We teach them moral values aswell as different belief system, it will be up to them which way they decide to go.

• Connectez-vous pour commenter des réponses
  • il y a 1 décennie

From personal experience, my parents allowed me to read whatever I wanted. It's the other way round where the problem lies, unbelieving parents for the most part are very biased against the Bible. How do I know this? Also from the experience of Christian friends who did not grow up in Christian homes, where parents laughed at the Church and it's "Holy Bible".

The Bible does say to bring a child up in what the Bible says, but there comes a point where every child will make the decision for themselves. Again, if any sort of believe is forced onto someone that is contrary to what the Bible states, it should always be presented with a caring and loving attitude, anything other is to disobey God.

Remember aswell, when Christians start going to school and are subject to the world, this will also offer other ways of thinking. When I went to school I really had to look honestly at the claims of Evolution and research it as much as I could before I came to a conclusion that what the Bible said was right.

I think it's good for Christians to read "atheistic" literature as it allows them to think honestly about what they believe.

• Anne L
    Lv 5
    il y a 1 décennie

Of course. When you love someone you have to let them make their own decisions. You encourage them to read lots & learn about the world. A faith can not be strengthened unless it is questioned.his leads to contemplation of faith and the possibility of a deeper understanding.

I think we should all read a wide range of stuff. What is important as a Christian parent is to nurture the faith-discuss opinions and question teachings/accepted truths. You can bring up your child as you think best but at the end of the day it's a matter for their individual conscience over what they believe. To block off atheist literature is denying part of God's creation (God made us all & gave us all free thought). To continually show God's love at work in the world is to foster faith. God loves us enough to give us free will-we must also give it to our children.

• il y a 4 ans

If your goal is to teach your son or daughter becomes fluent in studying both capital and lowercase letters. Then you will need this system, Children Learning Reading from here https://tr.im/BrlFq .

Children Learning Reading teaches your son or daughter phonemes therefore they have a really stable foundation in the skills that'll let them to be on to become a prolific reader. With Children Learning Reading will also targets building on the abilities trained to permit your youngster to get their examining abilities to another location level.

With Children Learning Reading is easy to instruct your child just how to read.

• Que pensez-vous des réponses ? Vous pouvez vous connecter afin de voter pour la réponse.
  • il y a 1 décennie

Not when they are young and I certainly wouldn't encourage it as they get older.

I believe in God, He has condemned all things which work against His will as the adversary. I would not have been doing my duty to my children if I had taught them anything other than the word of God.

The word of God tells us to bring our children in the way they should go, the way of God. The narrow way that leads to the Kingdom rather than the broad way that leads to destruction.

When children grow up into independent adults it is then their choice and responsibility what they believe.

• il y a 1 décennie

I encouraged my children to as wide a range of literature as possible. One could ask the comparative question of atheists/agnostics.

• DS M
    Lv 6
    il y a 1 décennie

That would be the "newspaper" or textbook. As it has been deemed OK to preach the Atheist religion without having the separation of religion from that of the state.

So we are stuck listening to Atheists preach ideas like,

There is no Creator.

Therefore there can't be a reason for life being created from that which wasn't alive.

Therefore, we are without reason

Therefore, let's have a reasonable conversation about the fact that we are without reason.

Likewise, since there is no reason to live, there is nothing to determine what is "right" from what is "wrong." Atheists call this inability to distinguish right from wrong an "open perspective".

While they want to call themselves "open" they are intollerant and "CLOSED" minded to beliefs different than their own. For an example, do you find Atheists encouraging their children to read the Bible and go to church so their children can reach an unbiased decision? No, because Atheists are hypocrits who don't want to practice what they preach. They don't want to take the log out of their own eye before attempting to get the speck out of the Christian's eye.

• Anonyme
    il y a 1 décennie

I don't count myself in with christian views of today, but I will allow my child to take in knowledge of all things so she won't be brain washed in the future.

• Nansy
    Lv 4
    il y a 1 décennie

I am a christian teen and like things like harry potter, and my parents don't mind because they taught me about my religion from when i was small, so they have nothing to fear. But i draw the line at wearing skulls etc on clothes.

• Anonyme
    il y a 1 décennie

Christian method to ''encourage a more open perspective'': CENSOR

Source(s) : got more?
Vous avez d’autres questions ? Pour obtenir des réponses, posez vos questions dès maintenant.