Phoenix 2 a posé la question dans Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · il y a 1 décennie

Were you forced to take cod liver oil as a child?

or any other horrible medicines

13 réponses

Pertinence
  • Woody
    Lv 6
    il y a 1 décennie
    Meilleure réponse

My childhood was during WW2 and cod liver oil was just one of the medications we took.Others were;

Senna Tea=Senna pods,from the herbalist,brewed in hot water-Worlds' best laxative.

Cod liver oil and malt=Thick as treacle,a tablespoon every day.

National concentrated orange juice=An unsweetened cordial,meant for babies only.

Liquid paraffin=Another favourite laxative.

Mothers' Friend=Patent medicine from the corner shop,mums' put it on a babies dummy to pacify it-contained opium!

Indian brandee=Another corner shop remedy,for stomach ache.

Castor oil=Yet another laxative,if a child complained of tummy ache,out came the Castor oil!

Beechams' pills=You've got it another laxative!

Ex-lax=Choc;but not as we know it!Go on guess!

I could go on all day,see how these grab you!

:-)

Source(s) : Happy days!
  • il y a 1 décennie

as i child my father forced me to take a lot of things, cod liver by the spoonful, codeine for the trots, vinegar for colds and he used to use a large pin to extract splinters. As a dad he was OK but as a mentor he was a complete A***, i hated my childhood because of him, when i ask him today he denies all knowledge and says he never inflicted anything on me or my 2 brothers but heh ho, i'm still alive and i still take cod liver oil (but in tablet form)

• il y a 1 décennie

Yes, every single morning without fail my mom had us take a spoonful of that and something called Liquifruita, that was totally vile and tasted like garlic, we never had colds or ailments though so they must have worked for us.

• Debra
    Lv 4
    il y a 4 ans

It was prescribed to me for the pain of osteoarthritis. It´s good. For digestion, yes, it will help but hypothyroidism... I doubt it very much because that is caused by an imbalane in the thyroidal glan. That problem belongs to endocrinology. Wish you health!

• Que pensez-vous des réponses ? Vous pouvez vous connecter afin de voter pour la réponse.
  • il y a 1 décennie

Yes every day together with something called Metatone tonic which made my teeth black because it contained iron and other minerals. YUK! I can still taste it!

• il y a 1 décennie

Castor oil was the worst!!

• il y a 1 décennie

oh yes. huhhh. that's really horrible.

• JAM123
    Lv 7
    il y a 1 décennie

Yes.!!!

• Anonyme
    il y a 1 décennie

yes,and a spoonful of malt extract!

why.......?

• Anonyme
    il y a 1 décennie

...take them....ye gods...I've trauma still from it

Source(s) : ...no mommy don't want the nasty medicine.........Arrggghhh!. you get the picture..................hehehe
Vous avez d’autres questions ? Pour obtenir des réponses, posez vos questions dès maintenant.