mliz55
Lv 6
mliz55 a posé la question dans Games & RecreationHobbies & Crafts · il y a 1 décennie

Have you made and mailed your handmade postcard?

My sister wants to do a postcard swap, where you make your own using what crafts you choose, and then send to the people on the list. Have you done this, and did the creations hold up in the mail? Did you have to pay more than the usual postcard rate? Thanks, I think this will be fun, but only if the postcard gets there!

5 réponses

Pertinence
  • il y a 1 décennie
    Réponse favorite

I have mailed a fabric postcard. I made sure that everything was pretty well tacked down but it got to it's destination in good condition. I think, because of the thickness of the postcard, you have to use standard first class mail rate.

I have a web page describing how I make silk flower fabric postcards:

http://www.quiltdesignnw.com/fabric-post-card-inst...

• il y a 1 décennie

I have made one handmade postcard and sent it out, but I'd like to do more.

I cut it out of heavy card stock stuff, drew my image on one side, and just treated the back side like a postcard. It cost the same as a regular postcard, but if its going to be bigger or heavier than a typical, it's best to find out how much it would cost to send. And I didn't put it in an envelope, it held up fine as far as I knew, but of course it was just a quick drawing I did.

When you're trading postcards with people, its more than likely they will specify if they want it in an envelope. I like cards sent to me without, because I think its neat to see the stamps and marks all over it.

I have heard of people making round postcards :)

http://www.postcrossing.com/ is a great site if you guys haven't been there yet.

• il y a 1 décennie

I remember one year my husband made wooden postcard/christmas cards. He just had to make sure the dimensions were corret as well as the weight. He super glued the stamp(s) on it and mailed it. It went through the mail without any problems. It was a very cool idea.

• Anonyme
    il y a 5 ans

Yes. Back in the 70's there used to be a mail order photo processing service called Clark Photo Labs. You would send them your film (remember film?) and if it was 135 or 110 film, they would use photo paper that had lines on the back like a post card. Perfect thing, you could send photos just by putting a stamp on it. I don't think anyone did it too much, I know I never sent one.

• Que pensez-vous des réponses ? Vous pouvez vous connecter afin de voter pour la réponse.
  • Anonyme
    il y a 1 décennie

I've mailed out a handmade envelope.

Vous avez d’autres questions ? Pour obtenir des réponses, posez vos questions dès maintenant.