lite a posé la question dans HealthHealth & Well-BeingPain & Pain Management · il y a 1 décennie

Knee pain.have tried surgical swill, magnets, pain-killers..the burning pain persists?

"wear and tear" doctor says but not bad enough to need new knee so anyone have any brilliant natural or even supernatural remedies to try ease my agony?

9 réponses

Pertinence
  • il y a 1 décennie
    Meilleure réponse

I have bad knees also, I had surgery five years ago, cortatoze injections, magnets, I have tried plenty of things, last week a work mate gave me some tiger balm liniment to put on, its just the typical smelly stuff that the health shops sell, but oh my god, it has improved my knees so much, I have slept for the past week without waking up during the night in pain, my husband commented yesterday that it was the first time in years that was not limping and I have noticed tonight that my worst knee is almost down to normal size, so give it ago, its cheap and you have nothing to lose

• il y a 1 décennie

I feel the pain, no literaly I do feel the pain. I had my cartiledge removed 30 years ago and the pain just goes on and on. Had all the treatments you've mentioned with the same results. Accupuncture works for a while and any relief is worth it even if it's just for a day, so find a qualified accupuncturist, you can sometimes get it on the NHS. Ask your doc if you have a Pain Clinic in your area they can arrange it. I've been trying to think of the name of a very old fashioned herbal remedy, I know they used to call it 'bone knit' but can't think of the proper name. If you are very brave I find Nettle stings help relieve arthritic pain but that involves deliberately getting stung by Nettles! Not for everybody I know but there is something in the sting that is an anti-inflamatory.

• Roxy.
    Lv 6
    il y a 1 décennie

Did you get sent for an xray? the doc really needs to see whats going on inside before the can say wear and tear. You could have done anything, I thought I had just pulled a muscle and it turned out I had ripped my cartilage and needed a small op. Go back and ask to be sent for an xray.

I also now take Glucosamine Sulphate every day and once that gets into your system its great helping to maintain the joints and ligaments, but you must stay on it . I take 1 capsule a day of 1000mg.

• il y a 1 décennie

Shoes, especially sports shoes. They are a big cause of knee pain and tendonitis. They have developed some specially designed shoes in America that do away with knee pain almost completely. try this link for something similar http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/hea... In the mean time reflexology and acupuncture have helped me. Good Luck

• Que pensez-vous des réponses ? Vous pouvez vous connecter afin de voter pour la réponse.
  • Anonyme
    il y a 1 décennie

Try the joint formula supplements. Triflex by GNC is a good choice. They take some time to start working but they definitively work. I have been using them for years and they have been lifesavers.

• il y a 1 décennie

perhaps you could try the new product TGC. its a rub-on cream and its promotes healthy joints and cartilage growth. i experience "tight" knees. although not as painful as yours, but i got problem climbing up stairs. try that probably.

• il y a 1 décennie

Put an ice pack on it or maybe a jacuzzie would help. If you have a swimming pool the exercise would help.

Source(s) : Twinkie
  • Anonyme
    il y a 1 décennie

aw you poor soul what a draining thing for you.. try cold compresses to ease the hot pain

• Anonyme
    il y a 1 décennie

Try acupuncture or other Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM).

Vous avez d’autres questions ? Pour obtenir des réponses, posez vos questions dès maintenant.