Im sorry, I don't speak French, but, - what do you think of the election and what will it mean for France/US?

Just curious?

9 réponses

Évaluation
  • il y a 1 décennie
    Meilleure réponse

So far the elections reveals a deep separation in the french political opinions.

Nicolas Sarkozy remains the favorite...and he's clearly font of G.W.Bush. But as Bush, he's REALLY unpopular for lots of people (even so not the majority). France got a real social crisis (heard about the suburbs riots right?), and Sarkozy is using this crisis as a political tool...he's playing with fire.

Segolene Royal still got a chance, but she's much more sceptical about Bush's political actions (fully understandable isn'it?)

For the moment, Royal is trying to arrange a alliance with the centrist democrats (Francois Bayrou)...this is her only chance to win the elections.

Sarkozy does not need the centrists, by self confidence and arrogance as well. Sarkozy remain the favorite and has got the majority in the french parlement anyway.

• il y a 1 décennie

hi it's nice to see an american which interrested by french politic

firstly i want to apologize for my bad english, it's been longtime that i don't use it :)

about the elections i think, and obviously it's my personnal opinion, that the most important is the growth of a third politic power which is symbolized by francois bayrou and it really can change the country!!!

about nicolas sarkozy and segolene royal i don't like both but it is true that royal is more humanist than sarko, indeed this guy scared a lot of people with his "ultra liberal" politic.

But about the relationship France/US it's true that sarkozy is not "anti american" like some people and he may be the the french the most american (i don't know if you have hear about his travel to meet georges bush junior he was also for iraqi war before to turn off behind the fiasco

but in fact france are not agree with bush with his politic with iraqi war ... so to win i think both of they must don't be "kind" with american

i hope you have understand what i mean and wish you a good day :)

again it's my opinion and maybe someone else could be more explicit or other things i don't pretend know the truth :)

• il y a 1 décennie

who are the future president of Usa ,republic or democrat ?

what will be the new politic of USA for Irak/ Iran ?

the France is a state of europa and the relations with America are good with Usa

• logic
    Lv 5
    il y a 1 décennie

i wish that at least the exterior politic of french will not change

we wont that france folow US like GB do

we want it to be same like b4 and even more opposit to US politic concerning the international level

• Que pensez-vous des réponses ? Vous pouvez vous connecter afin de voter pour la réponse.
  • Anonyme
    il y a 1 décennie

All this election blabla is driving me nuts. Things won't change one bit, whoever gets elected, because politicians don't keep their promises and because the government will more or less be composed of the same people as before.

On the other hand, it would be a great change to see "Führer Bush" off the political scene. The world has had more than enough of his senseless wars. Can you imagine how much of a better place our planet would be today if Al Gore had been President in the first place?

• il y a 1 décennie

Royal have told:

"Everywhere where we will act, the United States, of course, will not be far. Sometimes they, powerful, friendly, generous and, like the recent History has shown, are also carried there until a mistake by the weight even of their power. We will live with them, as a partner solid, reliable, but without complexes either. The size is nothing to make with the principles. The imbalance of the powers is never a reason to keep silent itself - and one l'a well considering, this not, in connection with Irak. The voice of France, in one manner, alas, was not heard. But it did not sound less just. And I would like, in the future , that this voice is continuous to sound just. I would like with speaking higher, and more truth, our voice carries further.

• Anonyme
    il y a 1 décennie

Sarko 85%

Source(s) : friend of France
  • il y a 1 décennie

Well we have two rathe opposite view of the US :

- Sarkozy who wants France to have better bonds with the US and went there to see Bush ( which caused quite a ruckus here ). Some fear that if he is elected he will transform France into a small USA, send our troops to Irak and be like England a puppet of the US. but this is not true

- Royal on the other side already said that she won't shake hands with Bush in the way that she won't bow in front of him. For her France will not follow the rules of the US and remain free to decide for ourselves. Anyway Bush will soon be out so maybe after she will change her judgement.

And you what do you think of this election ?

• il y a 1 décennie

I can understand that you don't speak french and im also sorry cause im not the political kind sorry, but holla if you need anything else.

Vous avez d’autres questions ? Pour obtenir des réponses, posez vos questions dès maintenant.